About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to our regularly scheduled blogging

Friday (before all the SYTYCD festivities) I took the kids to the park for a picnic. We made the long trek down to the cool picnic that Jenny showed us, and it was SO worth it. The kids had a blast. It was Natalie's first time there, so she was thrilled, she can't wait to return.
I love a picnic, AND I got to use my new market basket (that I first saw here, and more detail here) that I got awhile back at TJ Maxx for $7.50! Woot! (I actually bought 2, and they were supposed to be for Christmas, but um, I am Santa now, so I can do what I want! LOLOL) Oh, and it ROCKS, it is huge and perfectly perfect for and organized picnic.
Anywho...kids. They were precious.

Until The Bee showed up. You can see him here next to my Diet DP. See him? yeah, that's the one. Arg! He almost RUINED our picnic. He wouldn't go away, and then somehow he led to my DP fizzing all over creation, so we had to all truck over to the restrooms for paper towels (because of COURSE I forgot some), and when we got back he was trying to settle in. Well, I wasn't having that, so I risked life and limb and did some crazy dancing and he left. Whew! And somehow I have the best picnic blanket ever because after patting up all the drink, you couldn't even tell that it had spilled, not even wetness. I love that red blanket!
Oh yeah, the kids. More cute. Brady refused to smile "normal". He only gave me his say CHEESE smile, but I still like it, and it is so HIM right now.
She looks blue because of the slide, but I like it anyways.
She sure knows how to turn on the charm.
And since we were here I thought why not try for a nice smiling, group shot. Hahahah Ha!
I love these kids. She is such my little princess and he is such a monkey man.
It's days and outings like that, that make the hard days so worth it. I love, love, love being a mom to these two. I couldn't ask for more, and I need to remind myself of that more often.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. Nat's right check looks a little swollen? Love. Dad

Shannon said...

hmm...it does, especially in that first one, but I am thinking chipmunk cheeks? possibly food, because she is fine, her arm is all scratched up, but nothing on her face.

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's where she's keeping her vegetables - kind of like her mother used to do!

Kelli said...

Natalie is growing up so much. No baby left at all.

Shannon said...

I know, it kinda sucks.

Mindi said...

Q T Pies, they are so adorable. I love having relaxed outings like this, they are so much fun. Your littles aren't so little anymore, time for another?

Kerri W. said...

Those photos are so delightful! You are very blessed to have such a sweet, wonderful familiy. :)

And Brady's shirt is to die for, by the way. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Mindi: I can find out where you live. Bite your tongue! :) Shannon's Dad.