About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Swoon, swoon and more swoon!

So I have just finished watching part 2 of the 6 hour version of Prode and Prejudice and it bascially has me thinking "Colin Firth where have you been all my life???" I don't know if it is him, or it is just the character of Mr. Darcy that has me sighing everytime he comes on the screen! I am thinking it is the character, because I have the same reaction to the Mr. Darcy played by Matthew Macfayden in the new version with Kiera Knightley, and he is not like super dreamy in real life. So anyways, both of these men make me swoon! Is there a service I can find that would let me hire Colin Firth to read me bedtime stories? He would have to wear period clothes from the movie of course! And maybe I could get Matthew Macfayden to tell me I have bewitched him body and soul?? That would make a nice morning greeting on my alarm clock.Pretty much I think that Mr. Darcy has to be THE most romantic character of all time, and I think that once exposed to his wonderfulness every girl will fall madly in love! Here is my FAVORITE scene from the new version, I could rewind this part over and over again. Who wouldn't want the man of their dreams (aka our husbands of course) to say something like this to them? Who? No one, that's who!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YeeuccK. Who are you and what have you done with my daughter! Nice cinema, though.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I love Colin Firth! He was wonderful in Bridget Jones' Diary and Love Actually (though I've only seen the edited versions on TV). He definitely makes me swoon.
And Pride and Prejudice is a swoon inducing movie. One to be watched over and over again.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That last scene in the new P&P is to die for! I can't ever decided which version is my favorite. I LOVE the new one, I could watch it over and over....but the older one with Colin is SO GOOD, too!! It goes into so much more depth and detail. I guess I'll just have to love them both!!
I definitely think that the WORDS at the end are what make me swoon...who wouldnt want that said to them???

Kelli said...

Mr. Darcy is awesome. I love him. But it's not just the character, the actors are both hot. Although I am partial to Colin Firth. I love him. Deeply.

Shannon said...

Colin Firth is pretty dreamy! I just happened to tape Bridget Jones Diary off Bravo the other day so I was able to see him right away in that and man! He is totally cute, the accent, the hair, the all of it! Cute!

Kristy said...

I love him in Nanny McPhee too...That is such a cute show.

Anonymous said...

I think for me it's a combination of Colin Firth and the character of Mr. Darcy. I've seen almost every adaptation of Pride and Prejudice out there but the Firth/Darcy one just curls my toes (and makes me swoon. And weep. So romantic!)