About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Adventures!

Brady and I really enjoy the time that we get twice a week to spend just the two of us. I try and make each day count by cramming in lots of fun and different activities, things that he can remember well enough to tell Dad at the end of the day. Today was sure jam packed!

Right after dropping off Nat we headed over to Kelli's to play with the boys and chat for a bit. It was nice to catch up, and I think Brady had fun watching Ewan and playing with Fynn. After that we headed over to Michael's to get more ribbon for the barrettes, and I picked up some little tags so that I can get started on making some little books for Natalie, and everything Martha Stewart was 30% off so I got two packs so I can make some for gifts! Natalie is really in to making stories and drawings, so I think she will love these!

After Michaels it was off to the Disney store in search of the perfect Buzz Lightyear. Unfortunately the one they had was too big for Brady's liking, so it looks like I am going to be hitting up the eBay. Great. But we did get some super cute shirts for only 5$ each (a Tinkerbell and Lightening McQueen)! And the best find? We got these little bags STUFFED with plastic gems and pirate gold! Normally $4.50, but they are clearancing them out at a dollar a bag! So, um, I got four! The treasures are SO cool though! The doubloons look just like the ones from Pirates and they aren't all cheapy and flimsy, they are really nice! I think I may just have to drag myself back to the mall, just to get more! Oh! And I almost forgot, we pre-ordered the Tinkerbell Movie! Woot! We have been waiting and waiting and WAITING for this movie to come out! And when you pre-order it at the Disney store you get a free Tinkerbell necklace, well that sealed the deal for me right there! We are so excited, and we will get it October 28th.

Anywho, back to me and Brady! So after the relatively unsuccessful trip to the mall we still had an hour and a half to kill. So I took Brady to get a hair cut! He loves where we go, I take him to Sports Clips and he always does so well. His hair turned out really cute (and I would post a pic, but he is sleeping) and he was very excited about getting a cut. Every time we drive down there he asks if he can get a haircut today. Well, today was the day! After that I checked my phone and we still had forever until we had to get Natalie! So to top off a great morning we snuck into Corner Bakery Cafe, which I have never tried before, and we had a little breakfast snack of a banana muffin and a cinnamon roll. Oh man so yummy! I can't wait to take the whole family there for a meal, I want to try those sandwiches! Just for journaling purposes I have to note that Brady was SO well behaved! He sat in the "big boy chair" and used the "big boy fork" and ate his muffin and drank his milk like a champ! I was so proud of him, and you could tell he was proud of himself too, for being such a big boy! So that finally burned through our 4 hours and we headed to get Natalie. It was SUCH a nice morning! I love when I am able to enjoy my kids without any fighting or drama or meltdowns. That is why I have to record days like this, so when times get rough I remember the good days!

All the gems! Brady is sleeping with the pirate "monies".
Natalie modeling her new shirt and FREE necklace.

This is EXACTLY how I would have played with these things when I was a kid! I love little bits and small toys to play with and Natalie does too!

No comments: