About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Friday, July 25, 2008

True Love

Today after naps Brady and I were snuggling on my bed watching Cars. It was such a sweet and tender little thing. He was just laying there, letting me kiss and tickle all his sweet, soft skin, and he rolled over and looked at me and said, "Mommy, you're my friend." I hope I am always his friend. I will always be his Mommy, but I know there will be times ahead where he doesn't like me very much, and I am sure there will be times when I don't like him! But right now I love that he still loves me even if we had a rough patch just hours before. That is one of the sweetest things about kids, they forgive us all our weaknesses, no questions asked, and they love us unconditionally.

1 comment:

Melanie Kym said...

Aw. This post reminded me of a situation we had this very evening involving medicine, a screaming and kicking child, and some not-so-patient parents. I was sure Faith would hate me forever over it, but lo and behold she was in my lap and snuggling with me just minutes afterwards.