About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Only a Parent...

...would get sad over the fact that today we tossed the highchair that both our babies used...even though the backrest is broken and doesn't stay upright.

You were a good highchair, a steal in the clearance section of Fred Meyer, a fixture in our dining room for the last 4 years. We got you messy and cleaned you up, you provided hours of entertainment, you were always there when a baby needed to be contained or distracted. Thanks for the memories!

Bowers Baby Highchair 2004-2008
R.I.P.

4 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Great eulogy :) It is really hard getting rid of things your kids used!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Awww!! That is so sweet. Ode to a chair! I get that way about their baby clothes...which is why I'm going to make a quilt out of them! Bye chair!

Shannon said...

Oh sarah! What a super fabulous idea! I wish I would have thought of that BEFORE i sold all their clothes. I kept my vary favorites though! I do have a plan to keep all their little t-shirts that they get from activites and school and quilt those, i wish I would have done that for mine!

Anonymous said...

I understand your feelings about having to let go of something that was used while they were babies. Since we are still in baby mode, I haven't had to get rid of anything yet, but am dreading the day that I do.