I am learning more and more every day how much my parents have influenced the person that I am. From the good to the bad to the interesting. But I like it. I have more parental units than any one person probably needs (four of them just to clarify), but each one has helped shape me into who I am today, and I wouldn't change that for a thing.
1. Knowing that "there is always someone out there who loves you".
2. Aggressive driving with the urge to honk. A lot.
3. Being sensitive.
4. The desire to be a good Mom.
5. Farting skills of a trucker. Not that I ever USE them. No way. Not me. Never.
6. The need to tell Keith to "be safe" or "drive safely" every single time he leaves the house. (I like this because the kids already do this too, they call out to him as he is leaving. Love it!)
7. My metabolism. ugg.
8. Love of games and puzzles.
9. Blue eyes, brown hair, fair skin.
10. The (unfortunate) tendency to get very stressed, very fast.
11. The love of cooking/baking/making yummy things.
12. A strong, smart mind with a love of learning.
13. Sewing skills.
14. How to love my kids. No matter what.
I am so grateful for my family, and for my parents. It is hard not having any of them near me, especially when I need help or advice or just a shoulder to whine on. But I know one day I will live near my family, and until then they are only a phone call away. I just hope they know how much I love and appreciate all they do and have done for me!