About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

Football season is officially here with the season opener played by the Colts and the Saints going on as I write this. This means that is time for Keith and I to start the 2nd annual Bowers Bowl! We are very excited in this house for football season to begin. The Bowers bowl consists of me and Keith each picking our wins for all of the games each weekend. The person who gets the most correct after all the weekends games have been played (with the monday night game score as tiebreaker just in case) wins a small prize. Last year was the first year we did this so the prizes were all little things like a bag of candy or no doing dishes for a few days, with no over all winner for the season (it would've been me!). This year we have decided to take it up a notch, so to speak.

Each week we are putting $10 into a jar, this is going to go to the person at the end of the season with the most correct picks over all. We are also doing small weekly prizes like chores and things so that there is some instant gratification for the weeks winner. I am very excited by this "grand prize" of sorts for the end of the season. It will end up being $200 or so. That is a LOT of money, but we figure if we take it out each week it won't be such a huge dent all at once to the pocket book! So I will add a little score keeper to the side bar and we can all keep track of who is going to walk away with the winnings. This should make football very interesting, considering that I am a VERY competitive person (and I really want a KitchenAid mixer!)

P.S. GO COWBOYS!!!

11 comments:

Kelli said...

This is Bryce.

Go Redskins and Eagles!!!
Instead of having fast sunday at the Van Gamerts lets have Football Sunday at the Bowers. Kelli can bring Frappucinos and I can bring steaks!!

Shannon said...

You are hereby banned from our home! Unless you see the light and join us in rooting for the Cowboys! Just kidding...but seriously GO COWBOYS!!! And if you don't change your evil ways you can still drop the steaks off at the door. :)

Mindi said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish Dave and I had something fun that we could do together. It'll be interesting to see the tally's each week. Have fun.

Mindi said...

Could I have used the word FUN any more. fun, fun, fun!!!

Shannon said...

fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! I didn't want you to feel left out!

Anonymous said...

Well now, I must get my GO NINERS! in there and GO SHARKS too. Pre-season Hockey starts this month and regular football so I have 2 teams to cheer on. Maybe I'll but 10 dollars in a jar every time my team wins (for both teams) and see how much I have at the end of the season. Hockey goes on a lot longer than football.

Missy said...

John and I think this is a great idea! Saw this post too late for last night's blowout game, but even still! Go Cowboys!

How'd you like the magazine, by the way?

Kelli said...

We will NEVER love the Cowboys. Even if we WANTED to leave the Dark Side (we like it here) my dad would disown me. He actually hates them more. - Kelli
P.S. Are we still friends? :)

Jay Leishman said...

if u want, i can help cheat and tell you all the winners....... keith knows i am superior in NFL knowledge.... after all keith likes the cowboys....

Shannon said...

Leish! Welcome to our blog! How excited were you last year about the Colts!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Just wanted to add another GO COWBOYS!