About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Monday, January 28, 2008

On a (trying to get) lighter note

That machine...you know the one I am talking about...my devil elliptical!! Holy cow, this is not your average low impact, smooth rotation, use it for and hour and still not feel the burn until the next morning, elliptical machine. Oh no, this one is SO. STINKIN. HARD! Of course that is all the better for those of us trying to exercise, but man is that thing kicking my butt! For some reason, the lowest setting is HARD, and the highest setting is DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT MAKING ONE ROTATION ON THIS BABY! We are having fun with it and love to jump on when we can, but I will be honest...I think it may be winning! Wish me luck! I will not give up the fight, especially since we bought the dang thing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are serious about loosing weight you got to keep going. Did you not try it out in the store first? Keep it up.

LCFrohm said...

Hey Shannon!
I know it's hard! And I know it can be discouraging.
But KEEP GOING!
I'm doing Jenny Craig, working out with a personal trainer, and jogging 5 days a week.
5.5 pounds in 2 weeks!
So keep it going and don't give up.
Sorry the sucky Walmart elliptical. They're kinda hit or miss. Ours was broken in the move, so it's just gathering dust in our room.
Good luck and keep everyone posted!
Lindsay

Shannon said...

Um, well I am really not discouraged, and it isnt a crappy machine so much as a tough one that gives us good work outs! We are happy with it, just wish it wasnt so hard to lose weight!

Mubeen said...

LOL, you're so funny!!! Stick with it! It'll so be worth it! I can't wait until I can start working out and get back into shape! The eliptical is definitely my favorite cardio workout. I despise running...outside or on the treadmill!

Kelli said...

Go, Shannon

Anonymous said...

See, I told you elliptical machines are evil. They mock me. I swear they see me coming and turn up the difficulty level. I see those exercisers next to me talking and smiling while on the elliptical. I get on one and trust me, there are no smiles! Keep going Shannon, someone has to beat the dang thing into submission!