About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Hello Autumn, hello pumpkin!

So, I have really had absolutely nothing going on around here that has been post worthy. Except this:

Hello Kelli's Double Layer Pumpkin Pie!
(The first pumpkin pie I have actually liked)

Mmmm...Sooooo yummy!


Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

4 oz. cream cheese, softened (I use lowfat on this and the cool whip, and it's just as good.)
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. cold milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip
graham cracker crust
1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
2 pkgs. vanilla pudding (instant)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves

In large bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk & sugar w/wire whisk until smooth. (Be sure to gets lumps of cream cheese out.) Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping, spread on bottom of crust.In 2nd bowl, stir pumpkin, pudding mix & spices into remaining milk. Beat w/ wire whisk until well-blended (will be thick). Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours. Serve w/remaining whipped topping. Serves 8. (Ha! More like two.)

P.S. I hope Kelli doesn't mind me blabbing her recipe all over town, but it is just TOOO good not to share! Let me know if it is top secret and I will take it off my blog....hehe...maybe....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only does this look good, it sounds good. Now if only it was sugar free!

Shannon said...

I bet you could easily alter it to be sugar free! but you would still have to have a tiny slice at a time ;)

Kelli said...

Okay, mine NEVER looked that pretty. And it's Cool Whip's recipe, so I would be silly to get mad.

Shannon said...

Well, it will always be Kelli's pie to us! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I may have to try this.

Ashley said...

It should be Ashley's pie. J/K! I used to make this and Kelli has taken the reigns from me ! Good job Kel and Shannon. We have been making this for about 14 years!!