About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Finishing November

November is almost over and I just can't believe it. For our Thanksgiving meal we went over to our friends, the Taylor's. It was nice and restful. The kids played good with minimal meltdowns, I held their beautiful new baby boy as much as possible, we chatted, we watched a bit of Wall-E (which looks cute and hilarious), and I had my first Coke in almost 2 weeks! Thanks guys for such a nice afternoon!

We have been trying to talk constantly about being thankful with the kids. Letting them know that this time of year we need to be extra grateful for the things we have and praying for those that have nothing. For some reason Thanksgiving, the actual holiday, hasn't seemed as special lately, and I attribute that to not having a bunch of family around, but we are trying to make it meaningful and not just about food and football! Though those two things will be a part of every Thanksgiving from here until the end of time in the Bowers house!

I am grateful for all that we have. Especially each other. That is one thing I am learning more and more every day. That these people here with me in my home, my wonderful Keith and my two precious monkeys, they are some of the few that will always love me, no matter what. They will always be by my side, and care about my well being and I in turn will always care about them. I am so grateful for my little family!





4 comments:

Jenny said...

Seriously, can you believe it's December on Monday????? It's nuts. We've been trying to talk to Stevie about being thankful too, and I love hearing the crazy things he lists of what he's thankful of!

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We did Christmas dinner with friends one year and it was a blast!

Kelli said...

Thanks for coming and for the yummy food. I'm glad the kids had fun!

Anonymous said...

wow. bradys hair is so long!