About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ballet

For Natalie's birthday this year I really wanted to get her a gift of substance from us. So we decided that it was finally time to put her in ballet. I found a great studio where she can really learn and progress if she chooses to do so. They are pretty inexpensive compared to what we were thinking we were going to have to pay also! So that is a huge plus! She got all her clothing, tights, leotard, and both pairs of shoes, for free with signing up. Woo hoo! I love a great deal!

She went and loved it. Of course all the other girls have been in the class for a few months, but she listens and wanted to be there, so she was picking it up fast. We will work on basic foot positions at home, so she knows what the teacher is talking about. I was so proud of her though. When all the other girls were goofing off and messing around, she held fast, and kept trying to do the moves. Granted she doesn't have any little friends in there too goof off with, yet, but I hope that she will stay obedient, and really have fun with it!
She loves her clothes, but wants to find a leotard with short sleeves. I hope she loves ballet!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

She looks so beautiful! I always loved dance classes...

Rachel said...

Adorable! I'm glad you found a good school AND a good deal. I hope someday I can find a deal like that.

Ashley said...

How fun! Great job on the black and white photo, you need to blow that up big and frame it for your new place!

Anonymous said...

How fun for Natalie. Having danced from 3-18 yrs, I loved it and appreciate all my parents did to help me get better. I'm sure Natalie will feel the same!

Shannon said...

You guys are all so sweet, and I hope she does love it as much in a year or 10 as she does now! I mean, only one lesson so far, so we shall see! haha!

And Ashley, funny you say that b/c both Keith and I want to do just that! I love black and whites!

Kerri W. said...

She looks so grown up in her little ballet outfit! And that black and white photo is absolutely stunning...how lovely.

What a great gift!

Anonymous said...

She looks so grown up in that ballet outfit! Wow. I do hope she loves ballet, I tried to take it when I was in my 20's and my body just wouldn't move very well by then!

Anonymous said...

Will you be with her all the time at the lessons? She sure is cute. Love. Dad

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

She's such a pretty ballerina! I hope she keeps loving her lessons.

Kelli said...

Cutie pie. Can I come do ballet with her? I always wanted to do ballet, but we couldn't afford it. Tell her I won't embarrass her, I promise.