1. Keith gets sworn in tomorrow. This really IS the last thing that has to happen. The fees are paid, and this will make it truly official. I still can't believe it.
2. Keith's Mom and my Dad were able to make it to town for the ceremony. It's nice to have family in town, if only for a little while. It makes life a little less lonely.
3. I got my iPod shuffle in the mail today. Oh. My. Goodness! It is TINY, and when I say tiny I mean, TINY. Minuscule even. It's SO cute! Too bad I am giving it to Keith, I even got it engraved for free.
4. We got our new callings. Keith is the Deacons advisor, and I am the visiting teaching coordinator. That's right, I am the person in charge of creating all the pairs of sisters, and yes, I don't know anyone in the ward. And yes, the whole system needs redone. This should be interesting.
5. I am officially signed up for my vacation from work. 3 weeks off. I don't think I will know what to do with myself. Hopefully something fun. At least I have the 4th of July off this year, it will be the first time in 3 years. Woo hoo!
6. I am not afraid to admit that the close of all my favorite TV shows for the summer has me a little saddened. I love a good escape at the end of the day, plus it keeps me going when work gets slow.
7. The nice weather is still holding out, but I know (and am fearing) what is coming next. HOT. TEXAS. SUMMER. Have I mentioned before how much I hate the summertime? I have? Too bad. Cause I HATE it.
8. I got to hold a teensy baby this week. So very teensy. I don't care who you are, holding that baby girl would make you want one of your very own. I am no exception.
9. Natalie didn't join her ballet class early enough to make it into the recital, and for this I am glad. Why? Because the dang thing is on a Sunday. We have had small issues with keeping the Sabbath pop up here and there, but as the kids get older we know it is going to be more and more of a problem. So we took a stand, no more nothing on Sunday. Nada. Because we don't want to have to explain why such-and-such is kinda ok to do, when this-and-that isn't. I have a feeling it will be rough.
10. Lastly, I am slowly coming out of a funk. Blogging and otherwise. I just haven't been feeling myself, I have been missing my family and friends (again). I am hoping that having some distractions here will help me not to be thinking about all the other things that have been making me so sad.