Monday, December 31, 2007
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Oh, and for those of you not registered users, all you have to do is send me your email address, and when you "join" my blog you make up a password, and just have to log in every time you read. Should be fine!
Friday, December 28, 2007
Immediately upon friend arrival they disappeared into the bedroom to check out some new Christmas toys. While Kelli and I chatted at the door, Keith witnessed a funny little scene. Picture this: Ewan-head down, tinkering with the cars/parts of the Giggle-and-Go garage. Natalie-wearing her new and untainted (by this I mean not yet worn outside...GERMS!) church shoes trying to get Ewan to respond to this, "Do you like my new shoes? Do you like my new SHOES? Do you LIKE my NEW SHOES??" and to this Ewan responds (without looking up from his stuff), "yeah". Typical.
Then they were trying to figure out what to play with next and Natalie wanted to share her tea set with Ewan, I mean Brady will play with her, why not Ewan? He was having none of it. When asked his firm, but thoughtful reply was "no".
And for a change of pace...Keith was playing "monster" with the kids. You know the one where he "hides" and jumps out to scare them and they run away screaming in "fear"? Anywho, we could hear Natalie in the bedroom reassuring Ewan with things like, "It's OK, we can be brave" or "Let's be brave" or "We can do it!". And then she would lead the way into the lair of the monster, taking upon herself the brunt of the attack.
Oh, to be a kid again! At least they found something to play together! I was thinking back on past play dates, and I think this may be the first one in a while where they actually played together, so that was GOOD!
P.S.I have already ruled out the possibility of getting cool visitors like Kelli!
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Here they are the narrowed down version of our Christmas morning in pictures. Keith was the photographer, so of course he took a million. The kids had a lot of fun opening their gifts and everything was a hit. The only thing I realized is that poor Brady got all cars! That is all we got him! So needless to say I gave in and returned some and as soon as Target restocks their shelves with all the NEW! and IMPROVED! toys for after Christmas I will go and find him some other boyish type of toys to try and expand his horizons. I am realizing boys are sooo hard to shop for! Young and old!
And so it begins: with playdoh and puzzles.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
P.S. I will post pictures as soon as I work up the energy to upload them onto my other computer.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring
Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the
And knew her not till she had brought forth her
Friday, December 21, 2007
Anywho, this morning Natalie is much better, after a whole night of coughing up her lungs she is ready for action. And Brady, he never slowed down!
P.S. And I know Natalie has on a "tank top", but they are her little camisoles/under shirts and she just LOVES to wear them around the house and under everything she wears.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
1. Decorations in every room of the house.
2. Singing Christmas songs at church.
3. Snow on the ground.
4. Picking out presents for everyone I can afford to buy for-read: shopping!!! (I was sad because this year we really only did our kids)
5.Seeing the Luke Christmas story everywhere, and hearing passages from it all month long.
6. Super fun, extravagant treats and sweets at gatherings
7. Christmas lights! Best thing ever!
8. Home Alone-"Rockin' around the Christmas tree..."
9. The smell of wood burning fireplaces.
10. A perpetual soundtrack of Christmas songs in the background of every day life at home.
11. Peppermint (Candy canes make good hot cocoa stirrers!)
12. Getting to spend time with family , no matter how many of us are together it is always nice!
I tag: Danielle, Missy, Mindi and Julie G
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
1. Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
2. Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
3. Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
4. Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
5. Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)
6. That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
7. Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome.
8. Whatever : Is a women's way of saying F YOU!
9. Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to #3.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
"...and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east,
Sunday, December 16, 2007
"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24
This little guy is my favorite!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
We decided to make it easier on all our pocketbooks and have the kids draw names. It was fun to see what everyone got. Natalie was THRILLED! She has now been enabled to complete her transition to "Princess Natalie". She got a tiara and pretty dress up shoes. Brady was so sad! He really broke my heart with one little gesture he did. He was crying and snotting and he put his little hand up to his mouth to cover it and for some reason it just struck me. I haven't been able to get that image out of my head! He was just so absolutely miserable and it was such a grown up gesture, I don't know if that makes sense at all, but I wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget it.I think one of my favorite moments was when Ewan came running into the kitchen crying a little and I think it was just because he didn't have a sword and the two girls did, but in my mind he was running away from the swashbuckling wenches!P.S. Thank you Bryce for taking these sweet pictures, and I will post more after he sends us the whole batch on CD!
Westward leading, still proceeding
Friday, December 14, 2007
Of course, once again I am limited by my camera. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is all soft teal and silver and glitter and shine with sweet little goofy snowmen and jingle bells all the way!
all those things seem to fade into the background. I dream of one day having a house on the water and for right now I will take my misty pond. The pictures don't do it justice, but when I saw the pond this morning it was just beautiful!
"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem.
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him." Matthew 2:1-2
Thursday, December 13, 2007
...The Bowers gave to me...
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because if the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." Helaman 5:12
P.S. We still don't know who even gave us this, so if it was you, then THANK YOU!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
P.S. I forget to mention that this was the night before Keith's last final and the close of a very long and trying day. So needless to say we were all very anxious for a good nights rest. Keith actually ended up in Natalie's bed with Brady and Nat in with me, until Brady started playing trampoline at 4:30 at which point I carried him to his bed where he thankfully snuggled in and didn't make another peep until 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Today Natalie and I got an early start heading out to Wal Mart for a few things, including some snacks for a movie later in the afternoon. After Wal Mart we came home picked up Erin and we headed to the mall for a little window shopping and an afternoon movie. We saw Enchanted, and it was very cute. Erin and I had some good chuckles at Gisele's stereotypical princess behavior at the beginning of the movie, and overall it was fun. 30 minutes into it Natalie declared that she wanted to go home, but after finding a comfortable position on my lap she settled in to watch, always keeping my coat close at hand to cover her eyes at the scary parts. We then headed to Olive Garden for a little birthday dinner for Erin, including the embarrassing singing and obligatory birthday dessert. After eating we rolled ourselves home and are now trying to unwind and convince Natalie that even though she had a cat nap in the car and the chocolate cake is hitting her blood stream, it is still time for bed!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Friday, December 7, 2007
She had everything in there from Christmas socks to snowman tape to wrapping supplies. Such a cute package!