About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

about me right now

Getting to know you...getting to know aaaaaalll about you (or me actually)...

1. Favorite food of the moment: Costco berries. Cheap and super delicious. Oh, and I am constantly craving Chik fil-A chicken nuggets, though I don't eat those as often as I would like.

2. Things I watch first on my DVR: Bones new and old, How I met your Mother, and Vampire Diaries (don't judge).

3. Favorite accent color: Yellow. It goes well with all my aqua/teal/brown stuff, and it just makes me so happy to see a pop of yellow here and there!

4. Reading: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Keith got it for me for Christmas and I am trying to get started on it, should be good once I can get my brain back into a semi-thinking mode. I have been reading too much fluff!

5. Loving: this mild weather! I would love to live in a place where the weather never gets colder than 60 or hotter than 80, it's just magical here right now!

6. Running: a sweatshop in my home! So far this month I have completed 3 quilts from start to finish and tonight after the kids are in bed I will probably start on a fourth. I also just got some new material (JoAnn's just restocked their shelves, SUCH cute stuff there right now!) for a girly play mat for a friend.

7. Favorite songs on the radio: Use Somebody by Kings of Leon, What do you want from me by Adam Lambert, I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (that one just doesn't get old).

8. Very happy about: Feeling good in my skin, and knowing that I AM a good Mom, even if I yell sometimes and even if I probably get a little too excited about my kids 6:30 bedtime. Yes, SIX THIRTY! (It keeps getting earlier!)

9. Also loving: the regularity of our days. We have somewhat of a routine going now, and it helps me with my stress levels. It's nice that Keith gets home semi-early most nights, and I seem to be much more productive now that Brady is in school twice a week.

10. Putting off: doing the mountain of laundry that is threatening to take over my bedroom. I think I will make some peanut butter cookies instead!


3 comments:

Jenny said...

Shannon, you're just a cutie. That's all there is to it.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

6:30?? That rocks! And Bones is the best show!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Wish the temp was perfect here too. Not too hot, not too cold. Is there a magical place like that?