About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Friday, August 5, 2011

summer means

...being grateful that my kids are old enough to let me sleep in. (Which I took full advantage of today, didn't come out fully till 9:30. thankyouverymuch!)

...an embarrassing amount of large/rt 44 sonic cups littered about the kitchen/car. All from ice waters of course! (RIP Diet DP)

...Friday becoming the worst and best day of the week. Worst because by the end of the week I am sick of the kids and they are surely sick of me. Best because of the obvious reasons, it means we get Daddy for two whole days!

...too much boredom eating. I have the munchies all. day. long. And I can't seem to shake this urge to bake. Which isn't good because Keith has given up sweets. Punk.

...too much TV/movies/Angry Birds/computer time or "screens" as I like to call them. I can't help it! Some of my favorite trashy shows are summer shows (Big Brother, So You Think You Can Dance, and lots of Real Housewives!)

...lots of playing hard, which means BIG messes. But it's worth it to see the kids using their creativity to turn Brady's room into a pet store, or Natalie's room into an apartment in NY, or the playroom into the city streets (using folded blankets as cars).

...lots of swimming. Not as much as I want, since we have Mr. Wyatt and all, but still plenty to go around. Enough that Natalie is turning a nice shade of brown. She has the cutest tan line on her bum!

...Texas heat. Seriously. One of the hottest summers ever, and surely the hottest I have ever lived through. 30 something days so far of 100+ temps and counting. Give me a break Texas, one can only take so much sunshine!

...settling in to our new place. Though it has it's flaws (a few too many if you ask us), we still feel truly blessed to be in this house. So much space to live in, and I can see us growing here! I love this house!

...play dates galore! For Mama and for the kids. We are lucky to have some of the best friends in the whole world and we have been able to play so much this summer! There have been sleepovers, girls nights, guys nights, play dates, swimming dates, dinner dates. Just tons of fun! I will miss this most of all when summer is over.

1 comment:

Mrs. L said...

I see nothing wrong with an urge to bake!

And with me, the new time suck is Pinterest...but at least I'm making some things and using ideas from it!