About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Changes

I was thinking today how awesome it is that life changes so much year to year. So many things have happened, for the good, in our lives this past year. And we are in such a different place now than we were then.

Some of the more noteworthy things to happen between last December and now...

...a slew of new, wonderful girlfriends. Seriously. The women in my life right now constantly amaze me with their realness and sweetness and just plain awesomeness. I have said before that I feel that the Lord knows me, and thus has always blessed me with great friends. Right now is no different. And I feel that I am making more special bonds that will last for ages.

...the baby, of COURSE! Last year I was in that sad, never gonna happen to me stage, and it was awful. How to celebrate anything when all I could think about was the fact that the baby Keith and I had been praying for was not yet supposed to be joining us here on Earth. How happy am I this season knowing that in a few short months my life will, yet again, be turned upside down by the arrival of a new little man!

...Natalie is in first grade. Seriously. FIRST GRADE. She has grown so much since last year. She used to be timid and shy, and still mourning the loss of her first school. Now she is beautiful and brave and sassy as can be. Keith and I will look at each other sometimes and just marvel at the fact that this little lady is OURS. And she is just getting better (albeit sassier) with time! I can't believe that next year she will be in second. That is a big milestone for me. Second grade was a tumultuous year for me, and to have a daughter that same age, an age I remember well, will be noteworthy for sure.

...Brady is...well, Brady. He is so so old, but he wants so badly to stay the baby forever. I have been trying to wean us from each other. That is what you get when it's just the two of us, every day, all day. We are the best of buds, and he knows how to tug my heart strings. On more than one occasion these last few weeks he will start to tear up and say how he never wants to get older, and wants to stay little so he can be with me forever. If only those feelings would never go away. I know though, that I will always be his special Mama, and he will always be my special Buddy. Somethings never change though...the kid still loves his Star Wars and Legos!

...Keith is back in school. Last year I never would have thought that we would be doing this stinking school thing AGAIN. Ugg. I hate it, I really do. I am happy now though, because the semester is over and so all Keith has is work and us! And maybe even some free time to hang with some friends. I will be very grateful in a few years when he is completely done, but I know that sticking it out and getting his LLM will be beneficial to steady career placement and to our well being in the future! Gotta think about college and missions!

... and me! I almost forgot about Bits or Bobbins... oops! I can't believe how good opening that store was for me. It gave me something to do, and really validated the use of one of my "talents". It was good to have so much positive feedback on something that I always question the value of. I did put the store on hold in September and it has been nice, though it's constantly nagging the back of my mind. I have decided to open up the first week of January. that will give me time to take pics of new items, and maybe think about putting some of my fun vintage and thrifted finds in a new special section.

Pretty much life is good. Ups and downs appear of course, but it's never something a good long nap or time out can't fix! I feel so blessed. Oh, and I promise a picture post soon!

No comments: