Tuesday, April 13, 2010
1. I joined Weight Watchers yesterday. Today was my first meeting and I am really pumped. I did a LOT of thinking about joining, because I really want to find something that will become a lifestyle for me. I know, after the meeting, that this was the right choice for me. I can eat whatever I want, they have SO MANY tools to help me find healthy foods that I like, that will help fill me up so I am not hungry. And the support system there, and with my friends, is going to be that extra boost I need. No way will I post my starting weight, but I will keep track here, maybe, of my loss!
2. It's getting warmer, I can't even say hotter, because hot here is 100+, but it's been in the low 80's and I. HATE. IT. Ugg. All I want to do is stay inside and lay. And sew. And watch TV. *sigh*
3. Speaking of Texas and it's ills, the allergens in the air are KEELING me. I cough all the time because of that unquenchable tickle in my throat. The nose is runny, the eyes are watery. Sheesh!
4. On a more positive note I am super excited about the fabrics I got for some new swaddlers for the shop. We are talking hedgehogs, mushrooms, pirates, rockabilly tattoos, modern zoo animals, purple paisley, and teddy bear toile (for a special order!)...such cute stuff! Keep an eye out!
5. And last, but sadly not least, the only thing that got me through the painful experience that was early evening, was the fact that I knew while Keith is at scouts I get to watch Glee and Parenthood and sew to my hearts content. It's the little things, sometimes, that get me through the rough days.