About Me

Texas, United States
I am a stay at home Mom from Oregon who has landed in Texas.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Makeup brushes

I have quite a collection of makeup brushes, and this is how they are stored. It has been frustrating me to no end. I don't like jamming them in the cup, and it's also irritating because for some reason the brushes must scream "play with me!!" when they are like this, because it's so hard for the kids to leave them alone.
I have been searching high and low for a makeup brush bag that would hold what I needed and was the right price. I wasn't satisfied with anything I saw. More frustration.
I finally have the perfect bag! It has the exact number of spaces for the brushes I use most, and it's in a perfectly perfect material.
The best part? I made it myself! And it didn't even take me very long. I am so pleased with how it turned out. Proof that if you put your mind to it, you can make or do anything you want to do!

9 comments:

The Whites said...

What a great idea! You did such a great job! Im very impressed.

Mrs. L said...

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Rachel said...

That's awesome! I wish I could sew and make things.

cassandra said...

shannon! so. flizzin'. cute! love it!!

i thought of making my mom one of those (a while ago) for her knitting needles. they are EXPENSIVE to buy!

great work. very done, very professional looking.

Bobette said...

Your crafty!

Mindi said...

ADORABLE! You're working on mine now right? heehee

Amber said...

Super cute!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Very cute! I need a new makeup bag. Did you use a pattern or create your own?

Shannon said...

You are all so sweet, it's scary to put something out there that you made for other people to see! And I did make it on my own, I kinda knew the basics of what I wanted, made one partial prototype and then put this one together. I love it so.